Once a week, I look through our flickr group and use one of the palettes (with permission) made with the palette builder, and find fabrics that go with the image and palette. This week’s fabric palette is based on an image by Marla at Sew Hungry. Marla took this beautiful picture in Apaneca, El Salvador. I was really drawn to the bright and vibrant colors in this palette!
For the fabrics, I had to sneak in a few text prints, but I kept most of the fabrics organic and floral to go with the feeling of the photo. I liked the green ikat print because it mirrored the lines made by the roof of the structure in the background.
Palette: Apaneca, El Salvador
Fabric: 1. Painter’s Canvas in Vanilla by Laura Gunn,
2. Words in Gray by Lori Holt,
3. Seed Catalogue in White by Hollie Holderman,
4. Spring Meadow in Green by Kelly Lee-Creel,
5. Bella Solids – Christmas Green,
6. Bees Knees in Forest by Tula Pink,
7. Victoria in Blue by Jennifer Paganelli,
8. Sketch Screen Texture in Purple by Timeless Treasures,
9. Nests in Garden by Laurie Wisbrun,
10. Diamond Ikat in Green by Dear Stella,
11. Delicate Duet in Pink by Pat Bravo,
12. Mini Tulip in Fuschia by Patty Young