Every Friday, I take a look through the play crafts flickr group, and choose a palette made with our palette builder to feature on our blog! Today’s palette comes from Karen @ CapitolaQuilter. She took this beautiful photo at Waimea Canyon on the island of Kauai. I immediately recognized the colors from my own trip there years ago, so I was really drawn to this palette! Karen made a number of other palettes, and you can see her EPP project she made using a beautiful sunset palette on her blog!
Because of the subject matter, I tried to find mainly organic designs, especially those with agriculture or flora motifs. One of my favorite things about doing these fabric palettes is that I tend to run across fabrics I normally would look right over. The last print, Odilon in Candy is one of those. But the more I look at it, the more it grows on me! I think it could be really fun print in the right context.
Palette: Waimea Canyon, Kauai
Fabrics: 1. Spa Ikat in Indigo by Michael Miller
2. Painter’s Canvas in Charcoal by Laura Gunn
3. Huevos in Stone by Michael Miller
4. Farmstead in Robin’s Egg by Violet Craft
5. Vines in Blue by French Bull
6. Dash Stripes in Blue Bell by Aneela Hoey
7. Sprigs in White, Lime and Aqua by V and Co.
8. Climbing Blossoms in Olive by Laura Gunn
9. Random Pencil Check in Olive by Michael Miller
10. French Harp in Brick by Laura Gunn
11. Lace in Spice by Ty Pennington
12. Odilon in Candy by Melissa White