I apologize for the delay with this post, but I spent the afternoon trying to wrap my head around what had happened in Connecticut. I didn’t succeed. 🙁 My heart goes out to the families and friends affected by the senseless tragedy.
However, even with that happening, time still passes, and the holidays are approaching quickly. I plan to make sure I get lots of hugs from my niece and nephew when I see them for Christmas! To commemorate the approaching holiday, today’s fabric friday uses a picture of poinsettia from our very own Gillian! Given the colors in the palette, it’s no wonder poinsettias have come to represent the holiday season. For the fabrics, I tried to choose things that looked festive. The turtles and the Dr. Seuss picks are totally just because I know Gillian loves those things.
As a reminder, once a week I go through the palettes posted in our flickr group, and choose one to match fabrics to. Please note, I always ask first! We love seeing the palettes you create with palette builder, so please feel free to share them. 🙂
Palette: Modern Christmas by gillianms85
Fabrics: 1. Stardust in Midnight by Pat Bravo
2. Stamped Flower in Gray by Stof
3. Disco Dot in Sorbet by Michael Miller
4. Garden Posies in Blossom by Nancy Mims
5. Line Work in Pink by Dear Stella
6. Ziggy Medallion in Red by Denyse Schmidt
7. Dogwood Bloom in Berry by Joel Dewberry
8. Turtles in Grass by Ann Kelle
9. Seuss Stripe in Green by Dr. Seuss Enterprises
10. Nests in Garden by Laurie Wisbrun
11. The Lorax Tonal in Bright by Dr. Seuss Enterprises
12. Diamond Ikat in Green by Dear Stella