I am constantly inspired by the gorgeous palettes others create with Palette Builder. And you all know I love fabric (if you didn’t, well it’s true. I love fabric. I have spent more money on furniture to house my fabric than on furniture to house myself. I hadn’t realized that until right now, and I can’t decide if that’s awesome or depressing.)
Anyway! Marika @ Live. Laugh. Love…Sew posted a palette to the Play Crafts flickr group and I just love the seasonal colors. Plus there’s that seafoam green! I wanted to see what fabrics were out there right now that would go with her palette, and I came up with this. I looked for leaf/wood inspired prints to hint at the autumnal nature of this palette as well.
1. Small Dots Tone on Tone in Brown by Riley Blake Designs
2. Variegated Stripe in Natural by Robert Kaufman
3. Daisy Dot in Linen by Nel Whatmore
4. Pillow Fort in Tan by Jenean Morrison
5. Domino Dot in Clementine by Violet Craft
6. Floral Drop in Persimmon by Joel Dewberry
7. Sparrows in Aqua by Joel Dewberry
8. Scattered Newsprint in Aqua by Carrie Bloomston
9. Chevron in Orange by Lori Whitlock
10. Tile in Persimmon by Emily Herrick
11. Featherleaf in Tangerine by Heather Bailey
12. Hugs and Kisses in Scotch by Anna Maria Horner
I try not to pick favorites, but that chevron is really working for me, and incorporates a lot of the colors in the palette!
Want to see your palette turned into fabric? Add it to our flickr group! I always ask for permission before posting to the blog. Feel free to ask me as well if you want help finding fabrics to match a palette. I truly love doing it!
Do you have a favorite color for autumn?