I haven’t been sewing as much as I would like, but after getting a couple major deadlines dealt with, I had some time to play recently.
I ended up strip piecing it (because: sanity) and using nested seams to get things to [mostly] line up. Some of the strips are pretty tiny, at .5″ finished. Many thanks to Amy @ badskirt for her help in figuring out the quilt math and construction details.
I wasn’t planning to do a “grand reveal” especially since you can see progress shots on instagram, but I spent all this time easing it so things would straighten up and then decided I’d give it a pressing before photographing it for the blog post. Uh. yeah. It turned into a wrinkled ugly mess with all those seams. Sooo it got wet down and is back to being eased again.
It’ll quilt out. Totally. I hope. o.O
Linking up to WIP Wednesday with Lee @ Freshly Pieced.